How is it February already? It honestly feels like we blinked and January had gone. The Doves have been especially busy recently but we do love the great outdoors. There really is nothing better than escaping to blow away a few cobwebs. POD is finally getting to grips with riding her bike without stabilisers which is very exciting. She’s still a little wobbly at times but relishing the independence. We’ve found we have a new challenge on our hands – finding cycle routes that aren’t too long as we’re literally running along behind her. Walking is so much more relaxing in comparison let me tell you!
Thank you so much for sharing your adventures in the #UKexplore community on Instagram. If you’ve not come across it before, #UKexplore is an Instagram based community focused on outdoor adventures and special places. It doesn’t have to be an image from one of the 534 National Trust properties in the UK (although we adore them); we want to see your ‘off the beaten track’ spots, too. Your photograph could be the most marvellous of meadows, the perfect place for a picnic, the loveliest lake for skimming stones, or rambling routes for running along. Wherever and whenever you’re out exploring, simply take a photo and upload it to Instagram using the #UKexplore hashtag so we can find you. You don’t have to be a blogger either, anyone can join in and be in with a chance to win a prize.
The #UKexplore community is co-hosted by Karen from Mini Travellers (& Fuelled by Latte) and myself. If we’re not following each other on Instagram, do give us both a nudge – you’ll find me here and Karen here. These are just a few of my favourite images from January. Make sure you head over to Mini Travellers to see Karen’s winner and best #UKexplore photographs too.
Top left to right: Mrs Jane Morgan, Ginger Lily Tea, Organised Jo
Middle left to right: Me, Hubby and Charlie T, Matt Thomas, Dancing Dandelions
Bottom left to right: Otis and Us, Little Ladies Big World, What the Redhead Said
Do click on the links above so you can follow these folk on Instagram. We look forward to hearing about all your adventures next month.
Terms & Conditions
1. Please only submit (on Instagram) your own photos.
2. Add the #UKexplore hashtag.
3. The challenge runs from 00.00 on the first of the month to 23.59 on the last day of the month.
4. Only photographs uploaded during those times are eligible for that month’s competition.
5. Winners will be announced on Mini Travellers and PODcast on the second day of the following month and will be notified on Instagram.
6. Winners have 28 days to provide their address in order to receive their National Trust Family Admission Day Pass (exclusions apply and can be made available upon request). The pass can be used by up to 1 adult and 3 children, or up to 2 adults and 2 children for one day only. There is no cash alternative.
7. Including the #UKexplore hashtag indicates approval for the images to be posted on Mini Travellers and PODcast, and the corresponding social media channels.
8. The judges’ decision is final.