Happy New Year everyone! I hope you all had a fabulous Christmas and you’re gradually starting to settle into some kind of routine. It’s been great to see so many of you blow away the cobwebs and enjoy the great outdoors. We were hoping to get snow in Surrey but it wasn’t to be. We had a few flakes but there wasn’t enough of the white stuff for POD to build a snowman. She was born on Christmas Day 2010, when it was a very white Christmas, so we’d love to have a day when we can throw open the curtains and she’s greeted with a magical wonderland.
Thank you so much for sharing your adventures in the #UKexplore community. If you’ve not come across it before, #UKexplore is an Instagram based community focused on outdoor adventures and special places. It doesn’t have to be an image from one of the 534 National Trust properties in the UK (although we adore them); we want to see your ‘off the beaten track’ spots, too. Your photograph could be the most marvellous of meadows, the perfect place for a picnic, the loveliest lake for skimming stones, or rambling routes for running along. Wherever and whenever you’re out exploring, simply take a photo and upload it to Instagram using the #UKexplore hashtag so we can find you. You don’t have to be a blogger either, anyone can join in and be in with a chance to win a prize.
The #UKexplore community is co-hosted by Karen from Mini Travellers (& Fuelled by Latte) and myself. If we’re not following each other on Instagram, do give us both a nudge – you’ll find me here and Karen here. These are just a few of my favourite images from December. Make sure you head over to Mini Travellers to see Karen’s winner and best #UKexplore photographs too.
Top left to right: Organised Jo, Awe and Wonder, Lee James Kershaw
Middle left to right: Daniel Walker, Mummy Of Boy Girl Twins, My Space Between
Bottom left to right: Packet Mix Mum, Dancing Dandelions, Em and the Wilds
Do click on the links above so you can follow these folk on Instagram. We look forward to hearing about all your adventures next month.
Terms & Conditions
1. Please only submit (on Instagram) your own photos.
2. Add the #UKexplore hashtag.
3. The challenge runs from 00.00 on the first of the month to 23.59 on the last day of the month.
4. Only photographs uploaded during those times are eligible for that month’s competition.
5. Winners will be announced on Mini Travellers and PODcast on the second day of the following month and will be notified on Instagram.
6. Winners have 28 days to provide their address in order to receive their National Trust Family Admission Day Pass (exclusions apply and can be made available upon request). The pass can be used by up to 1 adult and 3 children, or up to 2 adults and 2 children for one day only. There is no cash alternative.
7. Including the #UKexplore hashtag indicates approval for the images to be posted on Mini Travellers and PODcast, and the corresponding social media channels.
8. The judges’ decision is final.