Can you believe it’s Christmas (and POD’s seventh birthday) in less than a month. Somehow it feels more festive now we’re in December and the temperature has dropped. We’ve had the big woollies out of the cupboard and the fire on at home with any time outdoors making us feel energised. It’s the best feeling isn’t it, blowing away the cobwebs then getting all warm and cosy.
It’s great to see everyone making the time to get out and explore the UK. Thank you so much for sharing your adventures in the #UKexplore community, it’s always great to see your photos and hear what you’ve been up to. If you’ve not come across it before, #UKexplore is an Instagram based community focused on sharing your outdoor adventures and special places. It doesn’t have to be an image of one of the 534 National Trust properties in the UK (although we adore them); we want to see your ‘off the beaten track’ spots, too. Your photograph could be the most marvellous of meadows, the perfect place for a picnic, the loveliest lake for skimming stones, or rambling routes for running along. Wherever and whenever you’re out exploring, simply take a photo and upload it to Instagram using the #UKexplore hashtag so we can find you. You don’t have to be a blogger either, anyone can join in and be in with a chance to win a prize.
The #UKexplore community is co-hosted by Karen from Mini Travellers (& Fuelled by Latte) and myself. If we’re not following each other on Instagram, do give us both a nudge – you’ll find me here and Karen here. These are just a few of my favourite images from November. Make sure you head over to Mini Travellers to see Karen’s winner and best #UKexplore photographs too.
Top left to right: Lee James Kershaw, Wander Mum, Organised Jo
Middle left to right: Janet Falcondale, Em and the Wilds, Capturing Simple Beauty
Bottom left to right: Mascara and Mud, Dancing Dandelions, Weston Super Magic
Do click on the links above so you can follow these folk on Instagram. We look forward to hearing about all your adventures next month.
Terms & Conditions
1. Please only submit (on Instagram) your own photos.
2. Add the #UKexplore hashtag.
3. The challenge runs from 00.00 on the first of the month to 23.59 on the last day of the month.
4. Only photographs uploaded during those times are eligible for that month’s competition.
5. Winners will be announced on Mini Travellers and PODcast on the second day of the following month and will be notified on Instagram.
6. Winners have 28 days to provide their address in order to receive their National Trust Family Admission Day Pass (exclusions apply and can be made available upon request). The pass can be used by up to 1 adult and 3 children, or up to 2 adults and 2 children for one day only. There is no cash alternative.
7. Including the #UKexplore hashtag indicates approval for the images to be posted on Mini Travellers and PODcast, and the corresponding social media channels.
8. The judges’ decision is final.