Don’t you just love this time of year, all those autumnal hues are just divine. We had a few local wanders in Surrey over the half-term period and everywhere is looking so pretty. Winkworth Arboretum was just wonderful although so was Hatchlands Park and Alice Holt too. POD even learnt how to ride her bike properly at last!
It’s so nice to see all your adventures on the #UKexplore hashtag on Instagram, thank you so much for sharing your photos. If you’ve not come across it before, #UKexplore is an Instagram based community focused on sharing your outdoor adventures and special places. It doesn’t have to be an image of one of the 534 National Trust properties in the UK (although we adore them); we want to see your ‘off the beaten track’ spots, too. Your photograph could be the most marvellous of meadows, the perfect place for a picnic, the loveliest lake for skimming stones, or rambling routes for running along. Wherever and whenever you’re out exploring, simply take a photo and upload it to Instagram using the #UKexplore hashtag so we can find you. You don’t have to be a blogger either, anyone can join in and be in with a chance to win a prize.
The #UKexplore community is co-hosted by Karen from Mini Travellers (& Fuelled by Latte) and myself. If we’re not following each other on Instagram, do give us both a nudge – you’ll find me here and Karen here. These are just a few of my favourite images from October. Make sure you head over to Mini Travellers to see Karen’s winner and best #UKexplore photographs too.
Top left to right: Em and the Wilds, Tin Box Traveller, Hollie Bontoft
Middle left to right: Muddy Boots and Pearls, Ginger Lilly Tea, The Dadventurer
Bottom left to right: Young Mama and Rosie, This Mamma, Emily and Indiana
Do click on the links above so you can follow these folk on Instagram. We look forward to hearing about all your adventures next month.
Terms & Conditions
1. Please only submit (on Instagram) your own photos.
2. Add the #UKexplore hashtag.
3. The challenge runs from 00.00 on the first of the month to 23.59 on the last day of the month.
4. Only photographs uploaded during those times are eligible for that month’s competition.
5. Winners will be announced on Mini Travellers and PODcast on the second day of the following month and will be notified on Instagram.
6. Winners have 28 days to provide their address in order to receive their National Trust Family Admission Day Pass (exclusions apply and can be made available upon request). The pass can be used by up to 1 adult and 3 children, or up to 2 adults and 2 children for one day only. There is no cash alternative.
7. Including the #UKexplore hashtag indicates approval for the images to be posted on Mini Travellers and PODcast, and the corresponding social media channels.
8. The judges’ decision is final.