How are we in August already? I don’t know about you but it feels like this year has just flown by. Thank you so much for sharing your adventures with the #UKexplore community on Instagram. It’s been great to see what you’ve all been up to and I love seeing your photographs. Over 18,700 have been shared now which is just incredible.
If you’ve not come across it before, #UKexplore is an Instagram based community focused on sharing your outdoor adventures and special places. It doesn’t have to be an image of one of the 534 National Trust properties in the UK (although we adore them); we want to see your ‘off the beaten track’ spots, too. Your photograph could be the most marvellous of meadows, the perfect place for a picnic, the loveliest lake for skimming stones, or rambling routes for running along. Wherever and whenever you’re out exploring, simply take a photo and upload it to Instagram using the #UKexplore hashtag so we can find you. You don’t have to be a blogger either, anyone can join in and be in with a chance to win a prize.
I began co-hosting with Karen from Mini Travellers (& Fuelled by Latte) last month after Rachel from The Ordinary Lovely stepped down. If we’re not following each other on Instagram, do give us nudge – you’ll find me here and Karen here. I’ve really enjoyed hearing about your adventures, here are just a few of my favourites from July.
Top left to right: Dancing Dandelions, Strollering the Globe, Tracy Logan
Middle left to right: Ortis and Us, Miss Betty and Me, Young Mama and Rosie
Bottom left to right: Organised Jo, Days of Henry and Florence, Dancing in the Rain
My winner this month however is Ginger Lilly Tea with this coastal gem. She wins a Day’s Family Pass to a National Trust property of her choice – well done Keri-Anne! Huge thanks to the National Trust for providing the prize.
Do click on the links above so you can follow these folk on Instagram. Make sure you head over to Mini Travellers as well to see Karen’s winner and her favourite #UKexplore photographs. We look forward to hearing about all your adventures next month.
Terms & Conditions
1. Please only submit (on Instagram) your own photos.
2. Add the #UKexplore hashtag.
3. The challenge runs from 00.00 on the first of the month to 23.59 on the last day of the month.
4. Only photographs uploaded during those times are eligible for that month’s competition.
5. Winners will be announced on Mini Travellers and PODcast on the second day of the following month and will be notified on Instagram.
6. Winners have 28 days to provide their address in order to receive their National Trust Family Admission Day Pass (exclusions apply and can be made available upon request). The pass can be used by up to 1 adult and 3 children, or up to 2 adults and 2 children for one day only. There is no cash alternative.
7. Including the #UKexplore hashtag indicates approval for the images to be posted on Mini Travellers and PODcast, and the corresponding social media channels.
8. The judges’ decision is final.