How much do we adore the #UKexplore hashtag on Instagram? If you’ve not come across it before, #UKexplore is a wonderful community focused on outdoor adventures. Set up by Karen from Mini Travellers (& Fuelled by Latte) and Rachel at The Ordinary Lovely, over 17,000 photographs have been shared over the past year. Rachel’s time looking after #UKexplore has come to an end though *sniff* so I’ll be co-hosting with Karen from now on. Rachel has done an superb job growing this community so do check out her blog The Ordinary Lovely if you haven’t already.
The #UKexplore hashtag is all about sharing your outdoor adventures and special places on Instagram. It doesn’t have to be a photograph of one of the 534 National Trust properties in the UK (although we love them!); we want to see your ‘off the beaten track’ spots, too. Your photograph could be the most marvellous of meadows, the perfect place for a picnic, the loveliest lake for skimming stones, or rambling routes for running along. Wherever and whenever you’re out exploring, simply take a photo and upload it to Instagram using the #UKexplore hashtag so we can find you. You don’t have to be a blogger either, anyone can join in and be in with a chance to win a prize. If we’re not following each other on Instagram, do give us nudge – you’ll find me here and Karen is here. I’ve really enjoyed reading about your adventures over the past month, here are just a few of my favourites from June.
Top left to right: Daisy Inspire Create Do, Young Mama and Rosie, Mairi Helena
Middle left to right: Em and the Wilds, Organised Jo, Seasonal Tales
Bottom left to right: Wave to Mummy, Cornelius Blog, This Mother
My winner this month however is Fran Higham with this beautiful image of her daughter in a poppy field, captured while on a detour. She wins a Day’s Family Pass to a National Trust property of her choice – well done Fran! Huge thanks to the National Trust for providing the prize.
Do click on the links above so you can follow these folk on Instagram. Make sure you head over to Mini Travellers as well to see Karen’s winner and her favourite #UKexplore photographs. We look forward to hearing about all your adventures next month.
Terms & Conditions
1. Please only submit (on Instagram) your own photos.
2. Add the #UKexplore hashtag.
3. The challenge runs from 00.00 on the first of the month to 23.59 on the last day of the month.
4. Only photographs uploaded during those times are eligible for that month’s competition.
5. Winners will be announced on Mini Travellers and PODcast on the second day of the following month and will be notified on Instagram.
6. Winners have 28 days to provide their address in order to receive their National Trust Family Admission Day Pass (exclusions apply and can be made available upon request). The pass can be used by up to 1 adult and 3 children, or up to 2 adults and 2 children for one day only. There is no cash alternative.
7. Including the #UKexplore hashtag indicates approval for the images to be posted on Mini Travellers and PODcast, and the corresponding social media channels.
8. The judges’ decision is final.