The Alphabet Project | Q is for querent

September 3, 2014
PODcast IMG_6847 B&W

Thank you to everyone that joined the Alphabet Photography Project over the past week with letter P.

Letter Q was always going to be a tricky one but I was surprised to find so many words – from the obvious ones to the more obscure. I suspect this will be the week more than any other that we wing it!

Although quince was an option, I couldn’t show POD wincing while a bee flew around her. Quinquagenarian (a person aged between 40 and 49) was an alternative but discounted in favour of querent. This means someone who asks a lot of questions which in POD’s case couldn’t be more apt. She’s an inquisitive little soul who loves to ask about absolutely everything.

How to join in

The Alphabet Photography Project runs every Wednesday. A Linky is live from that day until the following Tuesday so you can upload a short post or an Instagram photo. If you include a link back to PODcast I’m happy to share it for you.

You can post a photo on Instagram (PODcast is here) using the hashtag #alphabetphoto. There are also PinterestFacebook and Google+ groups.

Ideas for letter Q

The #alphabetphoto theme can be interpreted in any way you choose. Your letter might be a photograph for example, an object that resembles a letter or an adjective. Have a look at the letter Q hints in last week’s post. If you get really stuck, an online Scrabble dictionary is a good point of reference! As is this list of unusual words beginning with letter Q.

Inspiration for letter R

Here are a few ideas to get us thinking about letter R:

Radishes, rainbows, rain, rings, rust, railways, roads, reflections, rain drops, red, rocks, rustic, real, rich, rye, rum, row, rib, rot, rim, raw, rub, rag, rush, room, roar, ruck, ring, rack, race, ruler, romance, roast, roams, robin, route, rides, river, runner, ruined, reveal, reading.

There are also lots of inspirational photographs on the #alphabetphoto Pinterest board:

Follow PODcast grappling with a box of frogs’s board Photography: The Alphabet Photography Project on Pinterest.

• Reply Merlinda Little (@pixiedusk) September 3, 2014 at 12:04 am

Hey I can use that word to my son as well as he is (as always) in my Q photos! Love the photo and its connection to Q =)

• Reply Jo @ 3 Kids and a Gluestick September 3, 2014 at 12:08 am

Oh I wish I had come across this word as it describes Thomas perfectly! I also very nearly used “quirky” this week as this describes Jasmine so well! So many Q words to describe our children! Lovely photo of POD 🙂

• Reply Lou's Lake Views September 3, 2014 at 12:31 am

That is such a gorgeous photo Charly and it shows her inquisitive side perfectly

• Reply Quartet of Geese - Over there to Here September 3, 2014 at 1:14 am

[…] Q is for quartet of geese –alphabet photo project. […]

• Reply Kriss MacDonald September 3, 2014 at 1:21 am

Great word to choose – and lovely photo of Pod seeking answers through the looking hole!

• Reply Sara (@mumturnedmom) September 3, 2014 at 2:32 am

Love that word, and the photo is perfect x

• Reply Tarana September 3, 2014 at 6:40 am

Lovely choice of word and perfect photo, Charly!

• Reply sustainablemum September 3, 2014 at 8:03 am

Not come across that word before but it is a good one! Perfect photo too :). I am looking forward to seeing what others come up with this week 😉

• Reply AlphabetPhoto: Q is for quiet | Time to Craft September 3, 2014 at 10:00 am

[…] up with Charly’s #AlphabetPhoto linky over on PodCast. My Q is for […]

• Reply Cheryl September 3, 2014 at 10:05 am

I have a seven year old like that. Most of his sentences start with either why, what or what-if. An inquiring mind is good. At least, that’s what I remind myself, after about the 20th question in the day. Lovely photo.

• Reply Ali Simpson September 3, 2014 at 10:11 am

What a super word and I love the inquisitive black and white photo you have chosen. xx

• Reply Leigh Kendall September 3, 2014 at 11:52 am

What an amazing choice for ‘Q’! And I’ve learnt a new word, too 🙂 #AlphabetPhoto

• Reply ninja Cat September 3, 2014 at 12:10 pm

what an amazing word

• Reply ninja Cat September 3, 2014 at 12:11 pm

And I love the picture , I too want to peek through the fence

• Reply Kirsty Hijacked By Twins September 3, 2014 at 1:32 pm

A fantastic word and a beautiful picture. Whatever POD was looking at must have been interesting, it makes you want to take a peek too xx

• Reply Mary @ Over 40 and a Mum to One September 3, 2014 at 1:35 pm

What a great word, and the picture is wonderful.

• Reply Sue Lively September 3, 2014 at 4:14 pm

Hey Charly Dove – your picture is awesome. It totally makes me want to know what’s on the other side of that fence! This picture would have been perfect for my post this week. We did Q is for InQuisitive – although I just realized I put C is for Curious above! Oops! LOL They go hand in hand!

• Reply Bonny Bonafilla September 3, 2014 at 6:11 pm

Great word and lovely photo of a very inquisitive Pod, Charly. I’ve got a little chap over here that I could describe as a querent too. Thanks for hosting and all the best, Bonny

• Reply Q is for queue | Sophie is… September 4, 2014 at 11:57 am

[…] in with The Alphabet Photography Project over at PODcast. […]

• Reply Q is for… Quarry September 4, 2014 at 12:00 pm

[…] this week’s Alphabet Photography Challenge by PODcast, Q is for […]

• Reply Alphabet Project | Q is for Quarter | Bark Time = everything and nothing September 4, 2014 at 12:38 pm

[…] Alphabet Project is hosted by PODcast […]

• Reply Elizabeth September 4, 2014 at 12:39 pm

A gorgeous photo! Thanks for hosting such a fab challenge – I am still really enjoying it!

• Reply Sophie Lovett September 4, 2014 at 12:49 pm

Brilliant word – and such a gorgeous photo! I’m now super curious to know what’s on the other side of that fence… X

• Reply Hellie's Corner September 4, 2014 at 4:20 pm

Great word, you get q brilliant score in scrabble with that!! Lovely photo 🙂

• Reply Moolboots September 4, 2014 at 7:45 pm

That is an awesome word! Lovely photo to represent it too.

• Reply Mummy of Two September 5, 2014 at 7:44 am

What a great word and another fab photo! I did struggle with Q!

• Reply YouBabyMeMummy September 6, 2014 at 8:04 am

Love this photo and great word! x

• Reply Alphabet Photography Project: Q is for ... - Dragons and Fairy Dust September 8, 2014 at 12:48 pm

[…] in with the Alphabet Photography Project over on PODCast, why not pop over and see all the other […]

• Reply Alison September 8, 2014 at 12:48 pm

Great choice of Q and lovely photo

• Reply PODcast | Alphabet Project | R is for roar September 10, 2014 at 12:02 am

[…] you to everyone that joined the Alphabet Photography Project over the past week with letter Q. Not the easiest of […]