The Alphabet Photography Project

If you read this post you will know there are three new photography projects coming to PODcast. Each has a specific focus with the overall aim to improve our photography skills as a collective. And have a bit of fun!

First up is the Alphabet Photography Project #alphabetphoto

When it starts and how it works

On Wednesday 14th May 2014, you’ll be able to link up your ‘A is for…’ photograph. The body of your post can be free of words or if you prefer you can include a short description. The theme can be interpreted in any way you choose.

A is for… might be a photograph of an apple for example. But it could also be an object that resembles the letter A (like a pattern in a gate) or a photograph of the letter A using props. The letter A might could even be an adjective.

You will be able to link you post up on PODcast and/or share it on Instagram and Facebook using the #alphabetphoto hashtag.

Inspiration

To keep those creative juices flowing, each week you will be provided with ideas for the following week’s letter. So to start us off, here are some prompts for the letter A:

Apple, acorn, ant, aerobics, art, abstract, architecture, abandoned, arches, animals, amphibian, angel, Autumn, adventurous, alert, attractive, average, angel, award, ape, apricot, April, animal, August, aquatic, autograph, amusement, attic, athlete, aubergine, artichoke, archery, arrow, anchor, arm, aeroplane, attitude, anxious, anticipation.

You can also check out The Alphabet Photo Pinterest board:

Follow PODcast grappling with a box of frogs’s board Photography: The Alphabet Project on Pinterest.

Linking  up with #PoCoLo at Verily Victoria Vocalises.

Related posts:

64 comments

1. I’m looking forward to these projects missus!

2. Ooh, I like this idea so much :D Very cool – I need to put a reminder for myself so I can keep up. it would be so nice to get the full alphabet collection by the end of it!

3. This sounds like such a cool idea, I’m looking forward to seeing this project pan out. x

4. Another excellent idea for a photography project. I look forward to your solutions to the tricker letters in the alphabet!

5. *Puts thinking cap on* Love this idea, hoping to link up x

6. what a fab idea!!!!

7. Such a great idea.

8. Oh I love the idea of this! Used to love doing photography challenges etc before I was too busy working! May have to try and have a go. Only thing though if we tag on instagram does that mean the pic has to be taken with our phones? x

9. Will definitely be joining in – my camera seems to be gathering dust at the moment (literally! – see my WOTW!) X

10. What a great idea – I’ll do my very best to join I when I can! X.

11. okay this is awesome! but can you please post some reminders! I am not good at remembering things but I am already thinking of my ABCs =) #pocolo

12. Brilliant idea! I wonder how people will deal with some of the trickier letters? *gets my thinking cap on*

13. This sounds like a really fun project Charly and it’ll be great seeing what photos everyone comes up with for each letter. #pocolo

14. This sounds like such a fun idea!

15. what a fabulous idea and by the way love the picture of that pretty flower

16. Great idea hun. I will hope to link up, will be great to have a full set x

17. This is such a fun way to share photos.

18. sounds like a great idea! Look forward to seeing it xx

19. Great idea, and phew! that it’s weekly and not daily! I’m looking forward to joining in, just got to remember somehow… can you tweet me please??!!! ;)

20. What a fantastic idea – I really should get photographing more, going to bookmark this and hopefully remember to partake :) x

21. Love this idea – I shall definitely join in and already have an idea for my first picture

22. This sounds great – can’t wait to see the posts!

23. Such a brilliant idea Charly – great how it’s open to interpretation too x

24. What a fantastic idea. I will definitely try and join in on IG and your Pinterest board is absolutely beautiful. Some great inspiration in there, thank you x

25. Excellent idea. I reweeeeeally want to do it but worried I won’t keep it up!

26. This looks fantastic please give me a prod so I remember to join in x

27. sorry lovely got my comments muddled round lol :-)

thanks for linking up with #PoCoLo xx

28. Great idea. I’m wanting to take more photos and this would be a great incentive. x

29. what a fab idea! can;t wait to see the posts! x

30. What an amazing idea!!!!! I would love to join in x

31. Here’s hoping I find an “A” photograph to link-up with! :) xx

32. looking forward to this!

33. Pingback: PODcast | What's The Story? | 5th May 2014

34. What a great idea. I shall be looking out for things beginning with A ready to link up!

35. I am looking forward to joining in with this one!

36. Loving this project! Can’t wait to start linking up :)

37. What a fabulous idea – am I a bit late to the party? Might have to start on B? xx

38. I’m in. Love the idea of concentrating on one photo to represent the letter.

39. I like how I can do this on Instagram :)

40. Pingback: PODcast | Alphabet Project | A is for...

41. Pingback: The Alphabet Photography Project. A is for... » Verily Victoria Vocalises

42. Pingback: A is for Arthur | Sophie is…

43. Pingback: A is for… The Alphabet Photography Project | Jacintaz3

44. What a lovely idea. Am definitely linking up. xx

45. Pingback: A is for Argh!!! The Alphabet Photography Project - Crafts on Sea

46. Pingback: A is for Apple | Three boys and a cat

47. Pingback: B is for… #AlphabetPhoto

48. Pingback: B is for Bubbles | Three boys and a cat

49. Pingback: C is for Confidence: Lessons from The Wizard of Oz | One Time Through

50. Pingback: PODcast | Alphabet Project | D is for daredevil

51. Pingback: D is for Dauntless: Living with Peanut Allergy | One Time Through

52. Pingback: E is for Empathetic: 10 Ways to Teach Empathy | One Time Through

53. Pingback: F is for Friendly: Encouraging Kindness, Sharing, and Attentive Listening | One Time Through

54. Pingback: 5 Keys to Raising Grateful Kids | One Time Through

55. Pingback: 5 Reasons Preschoolers Lie & How to Teach Them About Honesty | One Time Through

56. Pingback: Two Of A Kind [Project 365:2014 - Day 43] - The Purple Pumpkin Blog

57. Pingback: Teaching Kids Independence-Strategies That Really Work | One Time Through

58. Pingback: 30 Joyful Ways to Connect with your Child in 10 Minutes | One Time Through

59. Pingback: 4 Easy Ways to Help Your Child Love Learning | One Time Through

60. Pingback: Loving Our Kids Unconditionally: What to Do Instead of Punishment | One Time Through

61. Pingback: Cruising Towards Mellow: A Roadmap for Supporting Upset Kids | One Time Through

62. Pingback: 30 Fun Ways to Prevent Nature-Deficit Disorder in Children | One Time Through

63. Pingback: 8 Keys to Raising Optimistic Kids - One Time Through

64. Pingback: 10 Times to Teach Politeness:Raising a Well-Mannered Child - One Time Through