Project 365: Week #1

January 4, 2014

This is the first week of our first ever Project 365. Love photography, love taking photographs but can I capture something every single day for a year?

Only one way to find out. Welcome to Project 365 week #1

Day 1

The last day together before POD went back to nursery. We coloured, we painted and we made dinosaurs. Mr Grasshead also made an appearance. He looks hilarious but I’m sure it won’t be long before his grassy mop needs cutting!

PODcast IMG_3627

Day 2

Typically with it being POD’s first day back at nursery, there was no rain and the sun shone brightly. I went for an amble in the garden and found these.

PODcast IMG_3616

Day 3

One of our fences is leaning at 45 degrees and flapping like a bird. But on top of it is this beauty covered in raindrops.

PODcast IMG_3635

Day 4

POD wanted to dress up the minute she woke up. So she did.

PODcast IMG_3680

That’s it for this short week. If you’d like to see other Project 365 entries, click on the badge below.

TheBoyandMe's 365 Linky

70 Comments

• Reply Angela C January 4, 2014 at 6:58 pm

Love Mr Grasshead lol. Beautiful photos, cant wait to see more.

• Reply Peg January 4, 2014 at 7:01 pm

Lovely! Looking forward to seeing more through the year. 🙂

• Reply Charly Dove January 4, 2014 at 11:05 pm

Thank you Peg, really looking forward to participating 🙂

• Reply spicers1976 January 4, 2014 at 7:29 pm

Mr Grass head. Must remember to make one of these

• Reply Charly Dove January 4, 2014 at 11:05 pm

He looks like he’ll be lots of fun – once the grass comes!

• Reply brinabird and son January 4, 2014 at 9:25 pm

Fab photos! I love seeing her little feet in her dressing up outfit!

• Reply Charly Dove January 4, 2014 at 11:06 pm

Thank you – she wouldn’t keep still! I normally like to capture her face 🙂

• Reply suzanne3childrenandit January 4, 2014 at 9:39 pm

Gorgeous Mrs! Loving the little fairy tutu 🙂 x

• Reply Charly Dove January 4, 2014 at 11:06 pm

Thank you Suzanne – POD’s rocking that skirt!

• Reply Sarah MumofThree World January 4, 2014 at 9:41 pm

Such beautiful photos as ever! I’m really going to have to raise my game. As a fellow 365 newbie, I was a little disappointed in my own first week!

• Reply Charly Dove January 4, 2014 at 11:08 pm

Really kind of you to say Sarah, your photos are lovely. So looking forward to this 🙂

• Reply amanda walsh January 4, 2014 at 10:09 pm

I used to make grass heads when I was at school! Love them must so some with the children

• Reply Charly Dove January 4, 2014 at 11:08 pm

How funny – he looks like he’ll be great once he’s grown 🙂

• Reply Nikki Thomas January 4, 2014 at 10:11 pm

Wow such amazing photos! You certainly have a good eye for a photo, I’m going to enjoy your round ups

• Reply Charly Dove January 4, 2014 at 11:12 pm

Thank you Nikki – I take a lot of photos. Lovely to be joining in 🙂

• Reply Jaime Oliver January 4, 2014 at 10:19 pm

Charly what a really great start to your project 365 journey honey xx

• Reply Charly Dove January 4, 2014 at 11:14 pm

Thank you Jaime, really looking forward to it 🙂

• Reply TheBoyandMe January 4, 2014 at 10:27 pm

I adore that photo of the berries encased in dewdrops, but Pod’s tutu and tiny toes are wonderful.

Thanks for linking up to Project 365, I’m so chuffed you’ve joined in.

• Reply Charly Dove January 4, 2014 at 11:14 pm

Thank you so much, what a lovely thing to say. Be meaning to do it for ages! Those two photos are my favourites too 🙂

• Reply moors-mummy January 4, 2014 at 10:46 pm

Amazing pictures and I think my boys need a MR Grasshead! I’d forgotten about them!

• Reply Charly Dove January 4, 2014 at 11:15 pm

Thank you. There’s lots of love for Mr Grasshead! Our toddler thinks he’s great although he needs to hurry up and grow some hair 🙂

• Reply Joanne Blunt January 4, 2014 at 11:56 pm

Stunning photos. Mr Grasshead is great. I look forward to seeing how he develops. Good luck with your 365 project.

• Reply Charly Dove January 6, 2014 at 9:42 am

Thank you very much Joanne – look forward to it. Mr Grasshead has a little bit of growth whoop whoop!

• Reply jenny paulin January 5, 2014 at 12:03 am

you do take some wonderful photos . The tutu is so girly and pink – i may have a little bit of tutu envy 🙂 and i have never seen so many snails in one place like that! what a great find xx

• Reply Charly Dove January 6, 2014 at 9:43 am

Thank you very much Jenny, really kind of you. We had the most amazing snails in the garden, coloured like humbugs. I hope there are still some more somewhere, they were beautiful 🙂

• Reply anna m January 5, 2014 at 12:44 am

all beautiful photos! particularly like mr grasshead and pods dressing up 😀

• Reply Charly Dove January 6, 2014 at 9:47 am

Thank you Anna – Mr Grasshead has a little hair 🙂

• Reply Notmyyearoff January 5, 2014 at 2:56 am

Wow gorgeous photos. I love the one with the water droplets.

• Reply Charly Dove January 6, 2014 at 9:48 am

• Reply Elaine Livingstone January 5, 2014 at 7:12 am

ooohhh dear on the fence, ours is down as well, but thankfully the side that belongs to next door.
    Look forward to updates on Mr Grasshead. As you say typical that it stops raining, but then at least you didnt get drenched going to nursery

• Reply Charly Dove January 6, 2014 at 9:49 am

The fence is our side unfortunately – we’re leaving it until the weather calms! Mr Grasshead has finally seen some growth albeit only a little 🙂

• Reply Zoe @ My Mummys World January 5, 2014 at 7:57 am

Fab photos! 🙂 x

• Reply Emma @ Helvetia Handmade January 5, 2014 at 8:06 am

Happy New Year! Beautiful pictures of your week. I love the dressing up shot, really nice. Look forward to seeing your pictures every week

• Reply Charly Dove January 6, 2014 at 9:51 am

Thank you Emma, looking forward to doing this. Happy New Year to you too Emma, here’s to a good one 🙂

• Reply Kelly Wiffin January 5, 2014 at 8:34 am

Fantastic photos! Need to do a Mr Grasshead for my daughter!

• Reply Erica Price January 5, 2014 at 8:50 am

Love your nature shots especially the effects of the sunlight. Must admit I’m sick of the weather dictating what we do.

• Reply Charly Dove January 6, 2014 at 9:55 am

That’s very true Erica – we made a run for it yesterday when the sun came out briefly! Thank you 🙂

• Reply Rachael January 5, 2014 at 9:43 am

Such lovely photos. Mr Grasshead look great, will have to try this with my children. I love the pink tutu with little feet poking out too 🙂 x

• Reply Charly Dove January 6, 2014 at 9:56 am

Thank you Rachael, looking forward to being a part of this project 🙂

• Reply Ruth (geekmummy) January 5, 2014 at 10:09 am

Lovely photos! I’m joining in with 365 this year in the hope it will encourage me to take more photos, and your selection is really inspiring 🙂

• Reply Charly Dove January 6, 2014 at 10:31 am

Thank you Ruth, what a wonderful thing to say. I’m sure you’ll take lots of photos now – great excuse 🙂

• Reply Su Tyler January 5, 2014 at 12:52 pm

Welcome to 365 – hope you enjoy taking part. 🙂
    I like your garden pictures – I like taking macro / close ups too.

• Reply Charly Dove January 6, 2014 at 10:33 am

Thank you very much Su. I love taking photographs so I’m looking forward to it 🙂

• Reply @700words January 5, 2014 at 1:24 pm

Wow, that Mr Grasshead took me straight back to my own childhood! Beautiful dressing up picture, absolutely lovely.

• Reply Charly Dove January 6, 2014 at 10:39 am

Thank you very much – Mr Grasshead actually has some hair today!

• Reply 76 sunflowers January 5, 2014 at 2:31 pm

I just knew your photos were going to be wonderful. Looking forward to checking them out each week. Really like the tutu and toes 🙂

• Reply Charly Dove January 6, 2014 at 10:45 am

Thank you very much, such a lovely thing to say. Really pleased to be joining in 🙂

• Reply Carly Markham (mummy and the chunks) January 5, 2014 at 3:51 pm

I love your photos they are beautiful! I Look forward to seeing more of them each week.

• Reply Charly Dove January 6, 2014 at 10:46 am

Thank you very much Carly – it’s great to be joining in. Really looking forward to it 🙂

• Reply Becky Cowley January 5, 2014 at 6:53 pm

Beautiful Pictures! Looking forward to seeing more x

• Reply Mummy of Two January 5, 2014 at 8:24 pm

Lovely photos – I particularly like the tutu and feet 🙂 Good luck with project 365!

• Reply Charly Dove January 6, 2014 at 10:52 am

Thank you very much – so looking forward to this 🙂

• Reply LauraCYMFT January 5, 2014 at 9:06 pm

Lovely photos. I love the dressing up photo.

• Reply Charly Dove January 6, 2014 at 10:56 am

Thank you Laura – she looked so lovely 🙂

• Reply AK January 5, 2014 at 10:23 pm

lovely picture mr grasshead in particular is cool!

• Reply Charly Dove January 6, 2014 at 10:57 am

Thank you – he’s actually growing some ‘hair’ this week 🙂

• Reply Kriss MacDonald January 5, 2014 at 11:25 pm

What beautiful shots for your first week of Project 365!! I *gulp* decided to join in too.

• Reply Charly Dove January 6, 2014 at 10:58 am

Thank you so much Kriss – great to hear you’re joining too 🙂

• Reply Emma The Mini Mes and Me January 5, 2014 at 11:26 pm

Mr Grasshead is epic!!

Beautiful nature pics and the dress up pic is super cute 🙂 x

• Reply Charly Dove January 6, 2014 at 11:00 am

Thank you so much Emma. POD looked adorable in her skirt but I quite liked the feet view as a photo. Here’s to doing that photo a day 🙂

• Reply Sara (@mumturnedmom) January 6, 2014 at 3:37 am

Adore the last photo of PODs feet and the gorgeous tutu! Looking forward to this project 🙂

• Reply Charly Dove January 6, 2014 at 11:00 am

Thank you so much Sara – really looking forward to it too 🙂

• Reply Foz January 6, 2014 at 8:21 am

Good luck with your 365!

Gorgeous photos…looking forward to seeing more!

• Reply Charly Dove January 6, 2014 at 11:01 am

Thank you very much – so looking forward to it 🙂

• Reply Fivegoblogging January 7, 2014 at 10:38 pm

Loving Pod’s tutu!

• Reply Jen @mymummyspennies January 10, 2014 at 9:34 pm

Beautiful photos, such great images, I love the dressing up!